Thursday, January 24, 2008

Are We Really Screwed Up?

I don't like what I see on the news. The mortgage crisis, stock market fall, consumer debt - nothing positive out there. And here we are again - a credit card crisis.
The experts advice to apply for credit cards today before the banks raise the fees. I am not sure this is a good idea. With the situation on the job market I am not sure that I will have a steady income in the next half a year. I don't want to get trapped with late payment fees and high interest rates.
On the other hand, we are not going to have another Great Depression, are we? So why get upset about the things that might not ever happen.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't think we are on the verge of another Great Depression but we are sure to have certain fianancial problems. The economy is too unstable to make predictions.

Anonymous said...

I do believe we will have greater depression that we had before.
We are screwed. My son generation will be paying the debts we owe the Chinese, sigh.

An Untamed Heart said...

hey there. Just write whatever you feel like writing, that's what blogging is all about - sharing your views, and your thoughts. btw, thanks for "blogging" by my blog.

and credit cards? it's good to have one in case of emergencies... =)